Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Regards from Sunny California

















Today was one of those days.

Did you ever notice how your mood affects your confidence which affects your relationships which in turn affects your whole day...

There are days when I can't get up the nerve to call anyone on the phone.
What will I say?
What will they say?
I have nothing interesting going on in my life.
I have no friends.
I have nothing to wear.
My hair is frizzy.
I'm just a nerd.
:(

But then there are those days where I wake up and the sun is shining on my pillow.
Birds are singing in the trees outside my window and I have all the confidence in the world.

Suddenly I want to call EVERYONE.
The office is interesting again.
All my old ideas come crawling out from every dusty corner of my brain.
Idealism is reborn.
I can do anything.
I can go anywhere.
I can be whatever you want me to be.
No challenge is too great.

I still have nothing to wear.
My hair is frizzy.
And I'm embracing the nerd in me.
Life is good.
:)


When we were kids there was this book called the Wonderful/Horrible Wednesday.
It's the story of a Wednesday through the eyes of a child with a split personality.
The story goes that both of the children go through the same exact day - but for one it was awful and for the other it was grand.
Every experience is painted as perfectly wonderful or dreadfully horrible.
Well...
I hope your Wednesday was wonderful.

Mine was.

No comments: