Friday, March 23, 2007

Huh?

If I could I would make a party in its honor.
Finally.
After almost ten years.
Ok.
Fine.
Maybe it's just five.
Either way, we have at last gotten rid of the 10 or so boxes of shaimos from the garage.

Every year I clean the garage.
And every year the shaimos boxes get restacked.
Sometimes against this wall.
The other wall.
Behind the tables, on top of the bookshelves.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Well this year I just about had it.
So one fine day I piled 'em into my trunk and headed off to Yeshiva Ohr Elchanan Chabad in Los Angeles.
Better known as YOEC.
Better known as home of the rosh and many male relatives in the past.
Also the single dumping spot for burial of shaimos in all of southern CA in case you are in need.

Why do I share, you may ask...?
Good question indeed.
Truth is I was gonna launch into a whole philosophical twist on pesach cleaning and getting rid of old things that have been piling up in our lives - like old grudges that we keep stored in the closets of our minds like pack rats... or all those stupid insecurities we hold onto taking up so much space...

Hmmm.
Nope.
Instead I will share something else.

(back to yeshiva that fine sunny cali day in LA)

As I go to pay for my large donation to the shaimos plot in the local cemetery, (tary?) I look up on the wall of the YOEC office behind the secretary's desk.
There lies a sign.
By the looks of it, it's been there since before my brothers moved in.
The sign is a sign.
It speaks of things I cannot express in my own words.
So I will quote, verbatim:
(I took a picture of it with my cell phone so there is no loss of wordage...)


We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified,
have been doing the unbelievable
for so long with so little,
we now attempt the impossible
with nothing...


Huh?
I love.

Echoes of Chabads the world over...

Aside from the unwilling.
And the unqualified.
;)

Gut Shabbos Y'all.
Fight on fellow soldierettes.
The battle is nearly won.
L'Chaim!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally love this and all of the others posts... shall comment later though cuz i got to run to the city!!!! ahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I want a copy of that sign for my bedroom!!!!!!
The battle is already won!
AMEN!

Cookie said...

only good reports from the city.
please.
thanks dudettes...
love,
hana