Thursday, March 1, 2007

It's Purim!!

What do you want to be for Purim?

A Rebbe?
A Teacher?
A Parent?
A Child?

Oh the people you can be...


We are told that a purim costume is more than just a costume.
The costume affects our lives in ways we can't imagine.
There are stories of great Rebbes who changed the course of history through a silly purim shpiel...

Wouldn't it be awesome if you became your costume just for a day??

This year for Purim I wish someone would dress up like a doctor.
Who is blessed with the ability to cure the greatest of illnesses.

Or a shadchan who has two big hats filled to the brim with names, spending a whole day pulling out perfect matches.

I wish someone could dress up like a multi-billionaire who spends all day and all night giving out money to the lines and lines of people waiting outside.

Or a clown making rounds, cheering up the world one person at a time.

Who will be Mordechai?
Who will be Esther?
Charvonah?
Anyone?

Spread the joy people.
Get in the mood...
It's over before it starts.
Simcha Poretz Geder.
Break all boundaries.
Kick you n.h. over the moon.
No room for you in this month.
Sorry.
Buh bye.
See ya.
Wouldn't wanna be ya.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PURIM!!!!!!! IT IS THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!!
i want to be a soldier who kicks all n.hs. to permant kingdom come!
good mood goes around on purim and adar
we should stay really happy on purim,the rest of adar,and the whole year!!!!
yeah ok happyhappy happy
MOSHIACH RIGHT NOW!

Anonymous said...

not to mention
I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!

Anonymous said...

ohh and i also wanted to say
that my day got much lighter b/c i hung up my panting in my room!!

Cookie said...

Dear Soldier,
Nice costume...very appropo.
:)
hah.
maybe you should play the song from your ammo belt...
oh...
i have a belt for you.
layla tova
hana

Anonymous said...

Alright, alright.
I will dress up.
I will embrace the child within.
I will not be embarassed.
I will not be too cool.

Thanks C.