Friday, March 16, 2007

Oh Soul














Let's say you're with a young child...somebody curses or something violent or inappropriate takes place.

You immediately try to shelter or protect the child.
Cover it's eyes, it's ears.
Leave.

"How can you say that?
Can't you see there's a child here?"


~~~~~


Just the other day I was reading a book.

And as I read I came across a line that was slightly crude and unrefined.
Not appropriate reading for a young Jewish girl like me.

Suddenly it hit me.
My soul is the child within me...
I felt like I wanted to take it all back.
Cover it's eyes and ears.

Sorry soul.
You shouldn't have heard that.
Or seen it.


And the battle continues...

:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you wrote it... i was waiting for this one
i love it and the battle continues..

Anonymous said...

The battle continues. Unfortunately, in this part of my life, i am not doing so well.
Oy my poor neshama.
But know this
Nothing that you do can scare or affect the neshama to do bad
there is really only dust on your neshama that can be washed off
and WALA
Your beautiful soul, in its original condition!

Cookie said...

soldier -
thanks for your support in this battle. remember i am with you in spirit at hal.

c.w.f.s. (me too)-
:)
But remember...Lichatchila Ariber!
Don't let the dust settle - it's bad for the body, mind, heart, liver, etc...

nahama said...

heh, me sa feelin dat one.

Cookie said...

shocking.
and i thought youz was talkin bout your blog blog.
tankoo for visiton
loove
hana

Anonymous said...

I can believe that nahama commeted!

soldier said...

i was thinking of this one today
plus i am re-getting to know your blog

Cookie said...

:)
"getting to know you..."
my mother sings that all the time.