Sunday, March 25, 2007

Memories of a weekend

Bluma tells me a story.

The other day Menachem asked her with all the sincerity of a five year old, "Mommy, if I stay up all night learning Torah and I don't go to sleep, will Moshiach come?"

~~~~~

Meir could live off books.
He eats them for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Anytime, anywhere.
He's always ready for a story.
Bluma and Mendy's kids have a way of referring to all Jewish people as "heilik".
Which is such an awesome way of putting it.
So every story I read gets the following questions from Meir.
"Is that boy heilik? Is that a heilike man? Is she heilik?
:)

Once they went to a kosher store in LA and Mendy asked them what kind of store they were in.
Meir said, "A heilike store!"

~~~~~

Watching the kids playing in front of the house in Poway.

I am leaning against the red honda, feet on the curb, back on the car.
My car is parked a good foot and a bit from the curb so my lean is quite the lean.

I stand chatting with the 15 year old soccer player next door.
She laughs.
I look to my left to see Shneur Zalman.
Better known as shnazzy wazzy, 1 and 1/2 year old cute patoot, little long haired smurf man, who has recently begun copying everything and anything you do or say.

Well there he is copying my stance.
Feet on curb.
Back on car.
Only he is about as tall as the distance from the car to the curb so his body is nearly horizontal.
!!!!
LOL
:)
Sorry if it's hard to picture...take it from me, it was a hoot and a half.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this... those kids just are inspiring in every aspect
you can learn so much from an innocent child....

Cookie said...

i wanna plant a video camera in front of some of these kids...
got some new stuff on sheindel d.
oy gevalt!
i eat her.
:)

Anonymous said...

haha