Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hmmmmm...

So I'm on my way home from hebrew school today with Mottel in the backseat.
Music is blaring from the speakers.
Udi Davidi.
Mottel begins to tell me about some random 5 year old thought.
but I don't even notice.
The music is blaring.
Mottel asks me some random 5 year old question.
I hear him not.

Only the music.

Suddenly the song ends.
Mottel speaks.
Oh.
Hi!
Mottel!
You were speaking?
I quickly turn the volume down...
Sorry kid.
It's not like I was ignoring you.

~~~~~

This makes me think.
It's like we have two speakers in our heads.
speaker #1 is tuned to channel me.
speaker #2 is tuned to channel you.
If the balance is off, everything is off.
Sometimes my speaker volume is turned up so high I can't hear anything else.
I don't even notice there's another speaker.
Someone else is talking?
Huh?
Suddenly I notice and I'm like, woah...yikes.
Turn that speaker way down.
There are other people in this world.
So I turn up the you speaker loud and strong.
Blaring.
And life is good.
Or so I think.
Only now my volume is so low...
My soul is crying...
But i can't hear it.
Cuz I'm on mute.
Or you're so loud I couldn't hear me if I tried.

So I learn to play with the volume.
Bring me up a tad when I need some inner peace..
Blast you on full when life throws you some punches.
For everything there is a time.
And a sound.
The key is staying in tune with the volume changes.


L'chaim to listening to the sounds of your soul, harmonized by the sounds of others.

3 comments:

Cookie said...

i don't think i expressed what i wanted to say...
ahh.
nu.
no matter.
just a random thought on a random day.
a gutte nacht.
c

Anonymous said...

if i get it or not
it is a really good way to express that i think
its speaks to me!!!

Cookie said...

:)
see you soon my dear.
c