Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Empathy

There is a good reason for suffering and challenge.
There is a positive to every negative experience in life.

For every tear I shed, a whole new world is opened up to me.
Every time I overcome something, I can help you overcome it as well.
If I can share your story, if I can finish your sentence...I can help.

Perhaps this is the reason we suffer.
For although we may hurt, the pain is nothing compared to the reward of empathy.



But what if I've never been there?

What if I've never seen the things you've seen.
Never fought your battles.
I've never even heard of the places you've been.
That place you're stuck in right now.

I can't relate.
:(
Wish I could.

All I can offer is friendship.
The promise that I will do whatever I can to be there.
Whether I can relate or not.

If only I can fast forward to old and grey and wise.
What is wisdom - if not the ability to relate.
The gift of vision - to see the world through your eyes.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought i had something to say
and i probable do but i will say this:
friendship has a power beyond relating or not
not always do you need to relat but just a friend to hear you out with out hearing anything back
..... i did want to say something
but basiclly i agree with everything you said
and everything you said on the other post
soldier ready and waiting..
but i am losing my train.. falling
havent be able to focus today
central station full
but even if i dont seem to be getting what i want out its ok
cuz yeah
ok i stop now
btw myspace.com/sn8thday is really into switching their songs lately
if Hashem emails you can you tell him that i am also i need of some light like if He wont mind sending me a shlicha just to help me sorta out my central station
i think it needs pesach cleaning
ok.......

Anonymous said...

you know strach that
just listening

Anonymous said...

you know strach that
just listening

Anonymous said...

my bad

Cookie said...

dear dear,
you're right.
thank you.
just listening is definitely good.
if not best.
good luck with central station.
:)
clean on soldier.

ps - the costume suits you SO well!
can't think of a better sergeant...

chanie lakein said...

poppy corn :)))))))

Cookie said...

lol
:)
hehe
go eat some gyros, corn popper.

Yana said...

I've Got a Response for ya. Go check it out.. thanks for everything Chani!

Cookie said...

Where to go to check out???

soldier said...

so does the costume still suit??
b/c i feel like a dumb butt right now
and i hate how i was sooo happy and was so looking to telling the whole world that its all good and then everyone gets angry and i am just stuck with ppls engery
i have no music to dance to
i want to hit something but everyone will freak out
i want to run to 770 but that takes a six hour flight
i am sick of golus already!!!!
and i hate telling ppl that i am upset but i want to give good news not bad and sad
only happy
and i was so happy
but i cant do cart wheels today to get me happy because i hurt myself trying yesturday
i need a helping hand
i need the rebbe
i need a friend
i need a place where everything is happy
i need to wake in yerusalayem to the tune of music dancing!!!!!


chana if you do get this which you will b/c it emails it to you
please umm if it is not toooooooooooo much to ask to possiblely call a soldier who is on the way down hill of her roller coaster



moshaich now!

Cookie said...

dear soldier.
hold tight to that costume.
and enough with the flicking.
please.
a chassid doesn't do this.
and being that you are a chassid in the army of Hashem...that would apply to you.
:)
have a wonderfilled week!
c