Sunday, March 11, 2007

Irony at 12:05 in the am


Today's Tanya speaks about the world we live in and how the words "higher" and "lower" doesn't mean that there is more or less G-dliness in the worlds.
Because
He is the same with or without the worlds and all of the worlds have the same amount of G-dliness in them.
The only thing that makes a difference in higher or lower is:
That in the higher worlds G-dliness is more
revealed and in the lower worlds G-dliness is more hidden.
Down to the lowest world, our world, where G-dliness is so hidden that the world itself says - "I am and there is nothing else besides me."
And how light shines that much more in the darkest of places.
Etc.
Etc.


Now I start to get excited.
Not only am I saying Chitas - which was a hachlata I made every year of life past the age of who knows what but was never able to keep for more than a month (did i say month? let's try week) - but I'm actually learning!
I can translate on my own!
And I understand what it's talking about!
My pride knows no bounds.
My chest fills with self-importance.
I get it!
Me!
Shnooky Shapiro!!!
(see marvelous midos machine volume I)


Oh the irony.

Here I sit learning about G-d.
And instead of humility/awe in my creator... I'm getting excited over myself.
lol
:)

Joke's on me.

But there will be no kicking of self tonight.

Rather an embracing of the fact that I am privelaged to live in this lowest of the low worlds.
Where G-dliness is
so hidden,
that I can pride myself -
in myself -
even while learning that there is
nothing but Him.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont know why but it reminds me of something that i learned last year about chmetz and matza and also something
didi n from sf taught me in tanya...............
you know they say a picture is worth a 1000 words
so are thoughts if not more

Cookie said...

how's the war going, soldier?

Anonymous said...

at the moment being i am not sure i guess good
i sorta have no clue what i am saying
really spacey today
just whatever......

Cookie said...

Hmmmm...
Sounds like you need to check back in with headquarters.
Report to duty Fri. 5:00 pm sharp.
In uniform.
With ammo.
Shoes shined.
Hair in a neat bun.

See you then

Anonymous said...

I love how we were just talking about this when you were over last night. Oh the IRONY! such irony! Isnt it crazy though? You cant help but help but think about yourself. ITS ALL ABOUT YOU
:)

Cookie said...

it's all about me.
:)
l'chaim