Sunday, February 4, 2007

Shalom My Friends

Ramblings from flight 668 to LAX.

Wishing you ah gutte voch mit brocheh hatzlacheh yeshuos refuos un nachas un chein…from high above the clouds on this lovely motzei shabbos...

You know, I love going away to shluchim. I think I should go once a month. It reminds me why we do what we do even when we do it on a daily basis cuz we can get caught up in the details, the daily annoyances, the deadlines, the emotions, the rent, the things we need to exist, the rat tat tat of every day life…


Don’t forget from where you’re from,

There’s a child in everyone.

Just a soldier in HIS army…

(excerpt from one of 13 hit songs on the brand-new upcoming 8th day album to be released iy’h purim 5767. YAHOO!!)


Ok. So it's like this...

I wish I could have a little red light that would start to flash in my brain whenever I start to judge someone else. Just a reminder.

I wish I could turn all of my powers of judgment inwards and never notice imperfections in others.

Sometimes I think about what incredible world it would be if every night when the world went to sleep they would say Ribono Shel Olam Hareini Mochel...from the Shma…with kavanah and serious thought as to what they are saying.

Imagine if everyone forgave anyone for everything and anything they ever did to them.

“Master of the Universe I forgive anyone…who hurt me or sinned against me…whether it was bodily harm, money issues, against my honor…on purpose, by mistake…through speech or action….whether it was in this lifetime or a past lifetime…(read it in the English for full impact of awesomeness)

Sheeshkabobs.
I love this prayer!!!

It is an AWESOME concept.

Very difficult to do with a whole heart every single night…but AWESOME.

What a healthy world.

If I forgive you it’s kinda like I’m doing a mitzvah for you without you even knowing.

Tzedaka of the highest form.

:)

Nice.

No more grudges.
No more unhealthy thoughts.
No more negative energy.
What a way to end your day.


Sometimes I wish there was a video camera that could record us whenever we do something annoying…

When we’re insensitive, selfish, unfair, rude, disrespectful, ungrateful, inconsiderate…

And then whenever we make a judgment of someone else, that same scenario would be played out in our minds…of the time when we did the same thing.

Exactly the same thing.
Maybe even worse.
But the reactions are diametrically opposite.

When it comes to you, you make every excuse in the book.
You saw it from 50 different angles and explained why what you did in was in no way insensitive, selfish, unfair, rude, disrespectful, ungrateful or inconsiderate…
You forgot and forgave.

Because you love yourself more than anything in the world.
:)
duh.

Hmmm…

When it came to the other person…things were slightly different.

You jumped to conclusions, barely giving them a chance to explain.
Or maybe you didn’t even let them explain.
Sent them to the dogs.

You probably said some things to them.
Or just thought them.
Things that if they were said to you – or knew they were being thought about you- you would have been insulted for days.


This is what it means “Love your fellow as yourself”.

Love your fellow Jew more than anything in the world.
Make excuses for them like you would make for yourself.
Forgive them like you forgive yourself.
Love them so much you have an intense desire to protect and defend them whenever they do something seemingly wrong.

L'chaim my fellow Jews.
A Gutte nacht.
Gutte voch.

It’s nice to be back.





This post is dedicated to the birthday, health and long life of Bubby F. and all trees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything you wrote is soooo sooo true
if only i could realize it all the time and not just at moments

Cookie said...

tell me about it...
:)
oh - i have suitcase for you guys!!!
maybe you pick it up later...or i'll bring it to your house.
either way.
zai gezunt.
have a wonderfilled morning my dear.
c