Thursday, February 15, 2007

Am I My Sister's Judge?



How can I judge you?
Have I walked in your shoes?
And even if I did, was I wearing your feet?
And even if I was, am I living your life?





I don’t sleep in your bed.

I can’t see in your head.

All I have is my bed and my head instead…


I wasn’t there the day it rained and you got stuck with no boots.
I wasn’t there when you looked in the mirror and wished you could disappear.
Or the time you were so misunderstood you cried yourself to sleep.


I wasn’t there when you felt so alone.
With no one to care or to share.
I wasn’t there when you tripped on a stone.
And thought that life just wasn’t fair.

Maybe your sister was mean.
Maybe your mom liked to scream.
Maybe you had a miserable day.
Maybe you wished you could build yourself a cave.
And crawl right in to stay.

Maybe you felt you could never succeed.
Maybe they said you were ugly.

Maybe your favorite person in the whole entire world.
Had to go.
And never returned.
Who knows?

Is there a hole in your heart?
A wound so deep you cover it with knives?
So sharp no one can come close?
So scared to be hurt again…

How can I judge you if we’ve only met?
And even if we’ve lived a lifetime together…

Have I looked in your mind?
Have I sipped from your tea?

Have I written an entry in your diary?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

bravo bravo!!!!!
Another beautiful blog writen by the most amazing chana dearest.
This post reminds me very much of myself in many ways.
I judge people who I hardly know, at many times in the wrong way. I've never lived their lives, walked around in their shoes. Im sure that If i tried to walk around in their shoes, i would trip and fall and break my nose. but thats besides the point.
the point is, is that no matter how much we "enjoy" judging people, its really not worth causing someone else pain.
Do onto others what you want to be done to yourself. ;)
This post also sounds a lot like what many people do to me. judge and judge and judge. everyone needs to chill out with the judging already!
because in truth, ( and sometimes i REALLy hate to admit it!) whatever we see wrong in others, is USUALLY what they see wrong with US. Scary no?
So let us not be our sisters judge.
but let us be able to judge ourselves fairly FIRST
L'Chaim

Anonymous said...

dearest chana'le

what can i say... you have done it once again!
you have written an amazing, beautiful, inspiring blog.
how can i tell you how much what you write helps me out with my own life!!!
the sky is not the limint you can keep going and inspiring others. one person can change the world
well yes that is my comment
thanks for writing it gave me good energy!!

much love and moshaich right now
(this comment sorta sounds like i am writing you an email.. whatever)

Anonymous said...

i wanted to say thank you for everything!!!!
really
you are the best
thanks for the hyperness, and being postive and just yay everything!!!!!

moshiach now!

Cookie said...

now now, easy on the praise.
it may go to my head...
:)
and if it does - please don't judge me.
yuk yuk yuk

Anonymous said...

did you ever notice how hard it is not to judge ppl now a days
it is so sad

you judge yourself and your family and your friends even a person who is just walking down the street

well Rosh Chodesh Adar is coming up and Adar is all about being happy
right.

We should not get sad from judging ppl but rather be happy when we win over our n.h's and do not judge ppl!

Chodesh Tov, Good Shabbos, Gut Voch
n'eNow!