Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Central Station


















Ever since we spoke about it I think of my head as a train station.

Sometimes the station is calm.
With only one train headed in one direction.

Other times the station is busy.
With hundreds of different tracks filled with hundreds of different trains of thought.
Ready to leave to hundreds of different destinations.

Sometimes I get stuck on a train and I can't get off.
I keep trying to jump off and catch another train.
Or just roll off and stop moving altogether.
The worst is when I'm davvening.
The N.H. sends me trains to all kinds of places as soon as I open the siddur.
Brat.
One day I hope to learn the skill of stopping a train of thought.
"Sorry," I'll say.
I"'m not going there today."

Tonight the hour is late.
All is quiet.
The conductors have gone to bed.


One lone train stands waiting patiently to leave.

This train of thought is leaving the station...


....................


Why do people feel the need to be right?

I wish being right was never invented.
All the evils of the world come from the desire to be right.
Ok, maybe not all of them.
But it makes life horrid...
Really.
Can someone please remove the part of the brain/heart that so desperately desires to be right?
Replace it with something more useful.
Like the the desperate desire to be honest.
Or the desperate desire to bake chocolate cupcakes for all the people you love.
Or just the plain old ability to be wrong.
For goodness sake.


Train
of
thought
slowing
to
a
halt.


....................


Good night.
Lights out at Central Station.

Here's wishing you an incredible day, full with the joys of tes adar.

L'Chaim to only riding on positive, uplifting, inspiring, constructive, happy, loverly and scenic trains of thought.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is totally awesome... i love the central station thingy mabbober
almost like the way my mind works with all this trains tracks sometimes really bizzy sometimes really not
and sometimes just plain annoying!
but i gotta love my station cuz it gets me to good places too!

Anonymous said...

ps
thanks for helping me start my day on the right track!

Anonymous said...

chana
totally uplifting
its so wierd
sometimes i'll think something, and i want to write it down, and then I look on your blog, and its asif someone took my thoughts and wrote them down for me.
thank you
i am sick at home yet again, may i call you?

chanie lakein said...

did you make the pic?
its awesome
crazy aint it

Cookie said...

hello p.c. - this is a takeoff of how your mind works.
:)
s.i.o.c. - what is up with you??? sheesh. i tried to call back but no answer. call me... but i'm jumping in the shower so give me 20.

c.l.l. - lol as if. thanks for your confidence in my painting abilities.
truth is i should give kudos to the artist - dunno who that is.

have a fab day all.
happy hunting!

the sabra said...

really really really like this post. from top to bottom.
except the title, that is. it gave me choking feelings. hehe.
but f'real, i like it. i saw that s/o wrote that they were rereading old posts and were enjoying. ever the copycatter, i started browsing. dumb move. i remember now why i would take long breaks in b/w readin ur stuff. its too much. too good.
end compliment.