Monday, February 19, 2007

Is it a pool or a swamp?


After two weeks of neglect I return to find a swamp in my backyard.
What happened to the pool?
The jacuzzi?
Where are the crystal clear waters?
All the memories of hot summer days?
The color blue???

In it's place stands a bright green cesspool.
Algae.
Yuck.

Being the pool man is no small title and two weeks in NY have clearly taken their toll.
I thank the creepy crawly for being of no help whatsoever as it keeps getting disconnected from the pump...
Yeah.
Whatever.
Nothing some chlorine, "no mor problems", a pool cleaning scrubber and pool net won't fix...
So I get to work.
Scrubbing, pouring, scrubbing, brushing...

The jacuzzi is looking like pea soup, and I'm starting to think.
Everything in life is a lesson.

So what is the pool compared to?
This train of thought is leaving the station...................
......................................................................................
......................................................................................

But then I started thinking.
That I should probably just stop thinking.
Quick.
And instead go take care of the myriad of things I need to do today before leaving for Shmateo on a 6:00 flight.

So I will not tell you all of the comparisons I came up with.
About how if you have all the tools in life but are not connected to anything - the tools don't work...and if you...
:)
shhhhhh.

Ok.
It's my birthday today.
I will give you a bracha with the power we are granted to bless on this day of our birth:

You should be blessed with an abundance of revealed good.
You should always have good role models.
You should be healthy so you can fulfill your purpose at every moment.
You should be happy so you can be a light unto others.
You should know who you are and why you were created.
You should always be surrounded by good people.
And when you're not you should have the strength to remember yourself and not let them squash you.
You should trust that Hashem knows what He is doing and this should remove all worry from your heart.

n'eNow!!!!!

Love,
Chana Bas Ita Menucha






7 comments:

chanie lakein said...

happy 18th Birthday

Anonymous said...

omg don't we love the algae soup pool. now we will have food through the long hard winter. just take a pot, scoop it in the pool, boil, add salt, serve. repeat for as many nights as you wish.
love rose

Anonymous said...

chanie lakein you stole my idea!!!!!
happy 18th bday chani. just remember that I came up with that.
It was a blast being stranded in the icy cold new york weather with you. thank you for taking such great care of me and noi as we one after the other got sick.:(
but on the bright side, we had such a great time.
i am at home sick with the flu as well as the fact that something is wrong with my stomach, blah.
i havent thrown up this many times since i was six!
BUT ANYWAYS
Its your bday so I have to give you a bracha!!!!!
Chana my dear
Thank you for being there for my family so many times in the past couple months.
you are seriously an angel.
i love you so much, you have been to me the best big sister anyone could ever dream of.
I want to give you a bracha
that you should always be happy, and healthy,
and EXTREMELY happy ( remember the song from the production! :) )
that you should always find good things in every sitch that is thrown your way
that when the time comes, you should meet your husband, and that he should be the man that is 100% right for you.
and of course when you have kids, you should raise them to be chassidim of the Rebbe.
I love you so much.
Did you enjoy your cake from last night???
I will call you hopefully when my stomach isn't on a roller coaster like it is now.
i think i may go to sleep for a bit.
happy birthday chani marcus!!!!!!!!

;) :)
love
the one and only leigh the great

Cookie said...

lakelind - lol. and that makes you what. 2? he he he.


rose - right now the soup has turned into a cloudy blue with a tinge of green. may need more than salt. will keep you posted.


leigh - please feel better. thanks for the bracha. :)

Anonymous said...

chana what happened to the pix of purim??

anyway happy happy birthday!!!
EVERYTHING IS GREAT!!!!
Hashem is awesome and you should have an awesome happy bday

love noi brit sara tova bas ilana

Anonymous said...

happy birthday.

Cookie said...

thank you...
regards from shmateo.
:)
You're all invited to the b-day farby tonight 10:00 WST my room at Y and E.
Feel free to bring whatever you want.
Don't be late.
See you there.
hana