Monday, June 25, 2007

Hairless & Speechless




































Sarah has been on chemo now for over four years.

A tall thin girl to begin with, she has lost much weight as well as much hair.

Sarah looks so frail and blue, with her lungs lacking oxygen so it's hard to breath or talk.


Life can not be easy.


Yet she sits.
And smiles.
Breathlessly chatting with me about her upcoming visit to California.



I tell her,
"Sarah, you are amazing."

She tells me,
"Chani, I'm not coming to California for an ego boost."




.

6 comments:

soldier said...

wow
wow
wow
wow


just wowing

Raizel Weinbaum said...

poignant.

the sabra said...

Gd bless you for posting that now. perfect timing for us (roommate and i).

Cookie said...

all i can say is i wish you could have been there...

and altz is b'hashgacha pratis
:)

C said...

wow

(didnt wanna imitate soldier, but that was my reaction)

intense

special girl

Anonymous said...

bitter, bitter golus