Friday, June 1, 2007

Fly. Flit. Float.




















I'm sitting frozen on the bench swing.
Facing the pool.
Two of them just landed on the pool gate, not far from the leftover challah from last shabbos.
I heard them just minutes ago chirping with their friends in the neighbors trees.
Playing.
Chasing.
Flitting.
The brave one takes the first daring leap off the gate.
Three more have joined...
They follow the leader to feast on half of a stale loaf from shwartz's bakery.
One man's trash is another birds lunch.

I'm afraid to move.
The swing begs to be swung.

My mind starts up with me.
Blog.
Must blog about this.
The words have already begun forming.
I'm sitting frozen on the bench swing...

~~~

Reminds me of a summer where I spent many days doing 1000 piece jugsaw puzzles, one after the other until I starting seeing puzzles every time I closed my eyes at night.
Then I started playing Tetris around the same time...which eventually led to puzzle shaped pieces falling in a Tetris game in the movie of my mind.

Then there was the time I was designing mezuza cases. Fabrics and colorful designs filled my room and my mind until I started seeing everything in life as a potential mezuza case design.
A patchwork couch.
A gold, orange, blue sunset.
An Oilily dress.

~~~

Years have passed.
My world is becoming a blog.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Gut shabbos shvesterlachinlachin.
(laughing sisters...i like)

7 comments:

chanie lakein said...

I recommend not blogging for a week and calling me:)

Leigh Est said...

Chani
Awesome time at the shabbaton

i felt like my blog became my life recently, so I stopped being so intense
and i have also been uninspired to write anything.
Any ideas on what to say?
I am reading back on my old posts, and i feel like such a young silly child. I sound so funny
but then again, how many 15 year olds do you know that can write like me? No ego intended.
I feel like that at school sometimes. I used to be the "original thinker" the bookworm, and the collage level writer. Ha. Welcome to the Hebrew Academy, where everyone are "original thinkers' bookworms and collage level writers. 118 books in 3 months? Ha! I'm like a regular high school student compared to all of them. Help! My life is becoming an over obessive blog freak who worrys about being original.

soldier said...

nothing to do with anything
me like birdys
they are awesomeful

realized though that i cant fly
i have to stay grounded

i have much to do






yeah
blogs=globs
funnyful
i see.....

Cookie said...

globs and globs of blogs.

this is not a blog.
it is a living room.
and a playground.
and a forest.
and a sky.
and an ocean.
and a bench swing.
and a cookie shop.

Anonymous said...

maybe u can tell me how to get a blog so i can become blogobsessive too??oh and i luv ur bloggie!

Devora Ita said...

hey chani
for real just yesterday i told my sister i law to make those colorful mezuza cases with her class and she loved the idea see how far you go
devo

Cookie said...

cm - anytime...lemme know when you're ready

devo - it wasn't my original idea.
got it from these woven Ethiopian mezuzah inserts...but thanks madam.