Tuesday, December 12, 2006

You Can't Get Me Down

Musings of an optimal optimist.

You send me black clouds.
I'm in the dark.
You blow my candle out.
There goes my spark.

Don't be fooled.

You think you’ve won.
Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

You send me insults.
Truth and fiction.
Try to jeopardize my position.

“You’re a lost hope.
A cracked bowl.
You tripped and fell inside a hole.
An item on the sale rack.
That broken lamp someone brought back.

How can you believe things will ever be good?
You would.
Silly girl.
Welcome to the real world baby.”

Your mantra sounds like a dying dream.
Give up.
Give in.
Cry a little.
Mourn a bit.
Sulk.
Sink.
Sunk.
.
.
.
.
.
.
NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This my life.

I control my own happiness.

Not you.

You cynical snoot.

You atheistic pig.

You unbelieving pessimist.

Wack.

Smack.

Attack.

*%$#@%

Ok.
Listen up buster.
Just know this...
Deep inside of me there shines a light.
The light of an optimist.
An idealist.
An "everything is, was and will be good" light.


Close to my heart there’s the child within me.
That child I work so hard to hold on to.
Never let her go.
Simple faith.
Innocent trust.
That everything is His.
And everything is good.


I must admit sometimes I trip on those little rocks you drop for me.
I can stumble.
I can fall.

But I have a secret.


I have my own rocks.
Towers of strength to keep me up when the going gets tough.
I wear wrist guards and helmets.
Knee pads.
Bullet-proof vests.
You can't get me.

Today I choose to ignore your attempts at sabotage.

So be gone you Neitzer Harah.

I bite you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahahahahaahaha CHANA! This is so amazing and funny! I love it!!!!!!!!

Cookie said...

funny?
well in that case i officially dedicate this post to meir. (and menachem)

nahama said...

I BITE YOU BACK!

(major lol)

Cookie said...

hama -
is this meant to be symbolic?
can you say "meant to be"?
or have i picked up some sort of ohlei torah lingo?
hana

chanky said...

wow- chani- where do you get these uplifting poems? this really made my day!! :) thx

Cookie said...

CHANKY!!!
hoorah!
i am so happy you have joined our little blogging family.
noi and leigh - meet chanky.
:)
welcome

musha said...

wow. wow. wow
how truly inspirational!
i love it!!
did u write that?
and is that chanky CARROLL????

Cookie said...

this was an inspirational piece written directly for my neitzer harah (coined by meir rubenfeld).
in the future he may be referred to as n.h. so stay tuned. although he has gone into slight hiding after this assault on his ego.

soldier said...

so be gone n.h. i bite
i love this post
and i never commented on it

must have thought i was being a bug

well n.h. listen up
you heard that right
so you will try to make fail but you will not succeed
never!!!
i bite you!!!!!
i am kicking you to kingdom come
timbuck two
the jungle
far far away from me and away from here
you cannot take away my light